Monday, June 28, 2010

Fireplace Mantle

I just spoke to Arnold who's at MSI picking up our tiles. Below is a picture of the stone we picked for the fireplace mantle (the black one). Two issues to consider: 1) That particular rock is back ordered and 2) Bigger concern, this stone is rough and layered which, apparently, is something we don't want for our mantle.


Arnold would like to use the stone/tile we picked for the floor to create a mantle. He said it'll be 2" deep, curved, and said it would look sharp. I told him we'd get back to him with an answer tonight. UPDATE: Parag spoke to Arnold. We will use the tile to construct our mantle, Arnold has the ability to make the tile look like a single block.

Also, the tile we wanted for the bathroom comes in 12" blocks. I remember Parag saying 18" or 12" would be fine so I told him that would be okay. I asked if he could change the laundry room stone to 12" blocks as well but he said they already ordered that one, I didn't think this was a big deal so I didn't press him on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment