Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Punch List

I spoke to Arnold today. Unfortunately, the counter tops won't be installed until tomorrow. For reasons I can't explain, he said he never received my email yesterday. That email had a punch list of items that still required their attention. He didn't send Arthur to the house today because he didn't think there was more than a quarter days worth of work left. Obviously that's very wrong. I resent the email with the items listed below.

He also complained that the island light he agreed to install was supposed to be a simple fixture, not something that required a half days time. I get what he's saying, but honestly I think Arthur made it more complicated than it should have been. When I came home that day during lunch, he was confused because he though boxes for the island light and the boxes for the dining room light were all for one light fixture- the one for the island. That's what caused the delay. I didn't mention that to Arnold but I will if it becomes an issue. Anyway, here's the punch list:
  1. Tile in the corner of the bathroom, under the sink, doesn't reach all the way to the trim so there's a visible gap. If we can fill that in with grout I think it would look fine.
  2. During demotion the round decorative base at the bottom of the foyer stairway was cracked/chipped. If someone can just patch the chip and repaint it, I think it'll be okay.
  3. Drywall from the basement ceiling chipped off because of the force of the nail gun when installing the floors. If someone can patch that up.
  4. Some damage was done to the ceiling in the garage. I can't be more descriptive because I'm not sure what this is, but my mom said she talked to you about it back when it happened
  5. Screen door frame was damaged by being stretched open too far. My mom said you guys spoke about this as well.
  6. One pantry door was damaged during cabinet installation
  7. According to my mom, two small garbage cans, sized to fit the roll-out garbage cabinet, were supposed to be supplied with the cabinet
  8. Cabinet soft close is installed in some but not all cabinets
  9. Since the electrical was installed for the can lights, the lights outside the garage door keep blowing out. Seems like there are periodic surges blowing out those bulbs- we swapped them out three times (6 total bulbs) before we stopped. Martin said he'd take a look but I guess he hasn't done that yet.
  10. The roll-out trays in the base and pantry cabinets still need to be installed
  11. I realize the fireplace is still a work in process, but I wanted to remind you that the mantle was going to be installed in a special way to make the tiles look uniform. (If Arthur wasn't aware of this and to do it would require demolishing what's been done and starting over, give me a call. I don't think the mantle looks terrible, but will have to talk to the family to see what they think.)
  12. Carpet is still hanging loose in foyer and the basement
  13. Air Conditioning vent under the kitchen sink was closed off when Arthur installed the toe kick. That should be cut open so the heat/cold air can get out.
  14. Dining room light still needs to be installed. This light shouldn't be too complex. In fact, before we ordered the island light we spoke to Martin and even though we preferred pendant lights each with their own transformer, he said get the kind with one transformer and a line because that's what we're setup to install. I understand that installing the line was a little more work but can't imagine it took half the day. Obviously I'm not an electrician but take a look at the light and let me know what you think (it's literally one transformer with a wire connected to it). Also, to be fair, we only bought what Martin told us would work, we're not trying to sneak one in on anyone. If we were, we wouldn't have told him what we we wanted to order before doing so nor would we have requested his input on what would work. In any event, the dining room light is just a more modern chandelier like was there previously, I imagine it wouldn't require as much attention as the pendants.
  15. Some trim still needs painting
  16. Bathroom mirror needs to be installed
As far as I can tell, these items along with the fireplace, remaining can lights, and back splash are all that remain. Shoot me an email or a text so I know you received this- I'm not sure why you didn't get yesterday's email.

No comments:

Post a Comment